A fungal infection of the lips is quite disturbing. Lip fungus mostly occurs in persons with low levels of immunity. You might need antifungal cream for the lip to overcome infection.
The lips consist of two fleshy folds of tissue which surround our mouth. Their tactile nature makes them very sensitive. Lips are a conspicuous facial feature, so a fungal infection can impact your appearance and make you self-conscious and feel unpleasant.
The infection is typically in the form of abnormalities and sores which arise from inside the mouth. Lip fungal infection is caused normally by Candida yeast. Usually, Candida Albicans is linked to genital fungal infection, but it can also impact the lips and the oral cavity.
Another lip fungus is Monilia Albicans that causes the condition of Moniliasis. Usually, this impacts the inner lip and the mouth. It commonly impacts babies and is called Thrush.
Candida yeast is a fungus that thrives briskly in warm and moist conditions. To a large extent, the growth of yeast is controlled by some good bacteria and micro-organisms in our bodies. But when there is an imbalance, the growth of such yeast is increased.
This imbalance may be caused by illness or stress. Smokers are very vulnerable to this condition. If lesions are not treated properly, they can spread to the esophagus. Persons who have dental fixtures or suffer from diabetes are prone to yeast infection. The infection causes cracking and inflammation and enhances pain in the lip corners. This disease can be treated by Ketomac which is antifungal cream for lips.
Another fungal infection of the lips is caused by a deficiency of Riboflavin and is called Angular Cheilitis and Angular Stomatitis. It causes scaling and fissures in the mouth corners. People staying in cold regions are more prone to this fungal infection. But it can be treated by antifungal cream for lip infection called Ketomac.
Symptoms of Fungal Infection of Lips
- Sores and white plaques in mouth corners
- Itching and burning sensation
- Lack of moisture in lips
- Collection of fluids causing bumps and blisters in the lips
- Swelling and redness of lips.
- General weakness
- Intense craving for sweets and sugar
Following are the main causes of fungal infection of the lips:
- Wearing of dentures
- Consumption of alcohol and snuff.
- Exposure to inclement climatic conditions
- A condition is worsened by licking of lips
- Deficiency of vitamins (E, B12) and Iron.
- Ischemia: poor blood flow to lips
- Poor nutrition
- Application of toxic chemicals in the form of lip balms or lipstick.
- Topical application of Ketomac cream
- Drinking plenty of water stimulates the secretion of saliva.
- Maintaining oral hygiene and avoiding biting of lips to prevent the spread of infection.
- Avoiding the consumption of spicy food.
- Reducing the intake of sugar which is a good medium for the growth of Candida yeast infection. Wash mouth properly after sugar intake.
- Apply Tea tree oil or Goldenseal. Both have antifungal properties. This application can control infection in a few days.
- Castor oil may be applied for its therapeutic properties
- Yogurt may be applied to the affected area for combating infection.
These are all some important facts about the fungal infection of the lips and the importance of antifungal cream to control it. Ketomac cream is the leading product in this genre.