Garlic is a conventionally used ingredient in the kitchen as it adds a strong flavour distinctly to the dish. Not only this, it is known to have medicinal properties that assist heal several diseases. This ingredient is more than just a flavour adding agent and medicine; it is known to be an outstanding hair care element. For all individuals garlic is the answer when it comes to dealing with hair loss. Hair loss is basically a symbol of an imbalance or deficiency in the body.
According to a study, the selenium and sulphur found in garlic can aid reinforce the formation of the hair shaft? It not only helps re-grow hair, but also toughens the existing hair.
Benefits of Garlic for Hair Growth
- Garlic is antimicrobial and assists kill bacteria and germs that can cause harm to the scalp and prevent hair growth
- It has a high content of minerals such as zinc, calcium, and sulphur, which are important for hair growth
- The selenium content in garlic assists stimulate blood circulation for maximum nourishment
- It assists purify the hair follicles, fortify them, and stop clogging, curbing hair loss
- It assists calm aggravated scalp and treats problems such as dandruff
- Raw garlic is extremely enriched with Vitamin C, which is perfect for the health of your hair. It boosts collagen production which assists with hair growth.
- Another benefit of garlic is that it helps in fighting dandruff. Allicin, produced from chopped garlic, is the magical compound here. Due to its anti-fungal properties, allicin can destroy fungi which are known to cause white flakes. But it is important to consult with a doctor before applying garlic to get rid of dandruff.
- As per a study it has been found that garlic safeguarded keratinocytes from ultra violet damage and showed guarantee as an anti-aging material. Keratinocytes generate keratin, which are skin cells. These cells are on the external layer of your skin, including the skin on your scalp, and in your hair follicles.
Thus, there are several garlic benefits for hair.
Tips to Use Garlic for Hair Growth
- Heat coconut oil with garlic paste till the oil turns a bit brown. Now, allow the oil to cool off. Strain it, and remove the pulp. Store the oil in a jar and make use of it as garlic-infused hair oil. This is one way of using garlic for hair.
- Garlic can also be mixed with jojoba oil, coconut oil and olive oil and can be applied on the scalp. This helps in eliminating the dead skin of the scalp and even unclogs the hair follicles.
- Take garlic and a small amount of ginger and place them in a blender to get a smooth paste. Heat coconut oil and add the ginger-garlic paste. When the oil turns brown, turn off the heat and the let the oil cool down. Massage your scalp and hair with the oil. After couple of hours rinse off with a . This treatment will keep your hair extra soft.
- Take garlic and honey and blend them together. Apply to the roots. Massage the scalp. Wait for around 45 minutes before washing off with a mild shampoo. Honey when used along with garlic helps in moisturizing the hairs and keep the moisture locked in your hair.
- Extract garlic juice and mix it with one tbsp. of honey, two tbsps. of olive oil and one egg yolk. Apply this mix on your scalp and hair and wait for an hour. Rinse off with a mild shampoo. In addition to garlic, the egg yolk will make sure that your hair stays extra soft and nourished.
- Make a smooth paste of garlic. Add a few drops of peppermint oil in it and use this with your shampoo to wash your hair. This will give you super smooth, shiny hair.
- Take a few garlic cloves and extract juice from them. Add curd, honey and castor oil to the juice. Blend well. Use this mixture on your hair and scalp. Leave it for about half an hour. Wash off with a gentle shampoo. Here curd will fight dryness, the castor oil and honey combination can restrain dandruff.
- Take a few garlic cloves and extract juice. Add honey and lemon to the juice. Apply the mask on your scalp and wait for 45 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo. The anti-fungal and antibacterial properties of honey will keep the dandruff-causing microbes away, the citric acid in lemon assists restore the normal pH balance of the scalp, which in turn, assists in restraining an overgrowth of those annoying white flakes. In addition, the caustic consequence of lemon juice poises out the scalp’s sebum level, stopping it from becoming prickly, extremely greasy or dry and thus reducing dandruff.
- Boil 3 cloves of garlic, one small onion, 2 cups of water and 1 cinnamon stick for fifteen minutes. Cool the solution and then strain the liquid. Apply this liquid on your hair and allow it to be there for around fifteen minutes. Now, rinse the hair with cool, lukewarm water thoroughly.
These are some of the simple ways of using garlic on your hair. You can choose any of these tips to prevent hair loss and to get that beautiful, shiny, long and black hair.
You might feel some gentle irritation when you will at first use garlic on your scalp but if experience any key problem or irritation then you should stop its use. Also, keep in mind that you should not use garlic essential oil straight on your scalp.
Thus, it can be concluded by stating that garlic is one of the most popularly found ingredients in an Indian kitchen. It is also a part of approximately every Indian dish which not just improves the taste of the food but also adds a lot of dietary values to the food. Garlic can be used to control hair fall efficiently. It has certain properties which can assist you fight hair fall.