So, you have begun to see flaky white skin on your shoulders. Well, it’s the beginning stages of dandruff , a common hair, and scalp problem a lot of people across the world suffer from. But have you ever wondered when it starts? Well, dandruff might start at different phases of life in different people. But often, it begins during the teenage years.
Beginning Stages of Dandruff
The reason why dandruff occurs and what are the symptoms of dandruff during one’s teens is because during this time the body goes through a lot of hormonal changes. Some of these changes trigger the body to produce more natural oil called sebum. Although this sebum is meant for the protection of your scalp and hair, its overproduction could sometimes lead to problems like dandruff.
There is a microorganism that feeds on this oil. This microbe called Malassezia Globosa is present on almost all human scalps. But not everyone suffers from dandruff because of Malassezia. This microbe causes dandruff in only 50% of people.
Don’t scratch your head wondering how Malassezia works. We have broken down the process below-
- As Malassezia feeds on your scalp’s natural oil- sebum, it gets chemically broken down.
- During this process of breakdown, a by-product called oleic acid gets produced.
- A lot of people are sensitive to it. To be precise, 1 out of 2 people show sensitivity towards this acid and get a heavily irritated scalp because of it.
- This irritation develops into inflammation and your scalp becomes itchy and red as a result.
- Since the body doesn’t want or accept this irritation, it signals the brain to shed off skin cells in an attempt to get rid of the irritant. This shed skin either remains on the scalp or glides down to the shoulders through the hair strands. This is what we know as dandruff.
Apart from flaky skin, dandruff can make you suffer from the tight, itchy and red scalp that can get bothersome over time. Hence, if you start to see these signs, start using an anti-dandruff shampoo right away.
When else can dandruff start?
Yes, teenage is when dandruff develops in most people because it is that phase of life when hormones in the body go completely haywire. But there are many other occasions when this problem might surface. Irrespective of when it gets started, you should address it properly.
Now, let’s have a look at how to get rid of dandruff-
Although there are different ways to keep your dandruff at bay, there is nothing as effective as an anti-dandruff shampoo. Anti-dandruff shampoos have active ingredients that offer a great deal of relief from this problem.
To see desired results, you must use a good anti-dandruff shampoo. Since there are so many products available, choosing one from the crowd could be a little difficult. Thankfully, we have Ketomac, which is the best shampoo for hair fall and dandruff in the market. Ketomac Shampoo is an amazing anti-dandruff shampoo that treats dandruff effectively by ketoconazole, an active anti-fungal agent present in the composition of shampoos.
By using this shampoo regularly, you will be able to bid adieu to dandruff once and for all.