Fungal infections are quite common in humans. These infections occur when an attacking fungus takes over an area of the body and is too much for the immune system to deal with. Fungi can live in the soil, air, plants, and water. Some fungi stay in the human body naturally. Fungi can be of two types- helpful and harmful. When harmful fungi attack the body, they can be hard to kill, as they can stay alive in the environment and re-contaminate the person trying to get better. This blog discusses the benefits of using ketoconazole antifungal cream.
Causes of Fungal infection
- Conventional medication, such as antibiotics, can at times make you more vulnerable to a fungal skin infection. This is for the reason that some antibiotics attack the friendly bacteria in your gut, which is accountable for regulating the population of candida yeast. Oral Contraceptive Pill can also contribute to the growth of the candida yeast.
- Obesity can make us susceptible to infections in a range of different ways. If you are obese you are likely to sweat more, particularly in the creases of your skin, offering a rich feeding ground for bacterial and fungal spores. Obesity can also be associated with poor nutrition which is another cause of fungal infections.
- Nutrition can have an impact on your susceptibility to fungal infections as well as the severity of your symptoms after you have contracted the skin illness. If you want to take preventative steps or decrease your symptoms towards avoiding fungal infections overall, it will be vital that you cut down your ingestion of trigger foods and focus on food products that encourage the growth of friendly bacteria.
- Pre-existing health conditions, for instance, diabetes, stress, hyperthyroidism, or even a vulnerability to other skin conditions, for instance, eczema, can all make you more prone to contracting fungal infections.
These are some of the common causes of fungal infection.
Common symptoms of fungal infection
The common symptoms of fungal infection will be based on the type, but usually, the following symptoms can be observed such as:
- Skin changes to red and at times it may appear peeling or cracking
- In case you have the habit of using the swimming pool at the gym, or if you like to take a shower after splashing in the ocean, you are more susceptible to athlete’s foot which is a fungal infection that causes itchiness, redness, and cracked skin between the toes. The best way to avoid this is by wearing flip-flops when using public-shower facilities, and ensure the areas between your toes are totally dry.
- If you wear shoes that are closed to work or if you work out a lot, you may be prone to sweaty socks, which create the perfect environment for an athlete’s foot. This can be avoided by letting your feet breathe. You can wear open-toed shoes or simply stay barefoot. Also, you can put on dry, clean socks or remove sweaty gym socks as soon as possible.
- Wear loose-fitting underwear and at all times change your underwear after every exercising class or gym session. You should ideally stick to cotton underwear as synthetic materials can cause more sweating and increase the chance of jock itch.
- Always take a chance of dry clothes to the pool or beach and change right away after bathing. This is because sitting around in wet swimwear can encourage the growth of fungal infection.
Home Remedies for fungal infection
Any person can get a fungal infection, and in today’s active lifestyle, they are quite common. Some easy home remedies can wipe out the fungi causing the infection in addition to decrease the intensity of the symptoms.
- Plain, unsweetened yogurt can help to treat fungal infection. The probiotics present in plain yogurt can keep the growth of fungi in check. Apart from applying yogurt to the affected areas externally, you can also include yogurt in your daily diet. This will help in keeping the infection at bay.
- Apple cider vinegar is also ideal for treating fungal infections. Because of the existence of antimicrobial properties, apple cider vinegar assists destroy the fungus causing the contamination. Moreover, its gentle acidic nature assists stop the infection from spreading and endorses speedy recovery.
- Tea tree oil has natural antifungal elements that help kill the fungi that cause fungal infections. Also, its antiseptic qualities prevent the spread of the infection to other parts of the body.
- Garlic has useful antibiotics, antifungal, and antibacterial agents and therefore is very effective for any kind of fungal infection.
- Oregano oil includes antifungal properties that fight the fungi liable for fungal infections. Also, its antimicrobial property can be effective in preventing fungal infections.
- Coconut oil works as an efficient cure for any kind of fungal infection because of the presence of medium-chain fatty acids. Coconut oil works as natural fungicides to destroy the fungi accountable for the infection.
- Turmeric is a renowned natural antibiotic, antiseptic, and antifungal agent. Its healing properties assist quick recovery and stop the infection from recurring.
- The tannins present in tea can help kill the fungi liable for fungal infections. Additionally, tea has astringent and antibiotic properties that help get rid of the symptoms of a fungal infection such as skin irritation, swelling, and burning sensation.
These are some of the home remedies which can help to cure fungal infections and also prevent them from coming back.
Apart from this, Ketomac Cream can be used to prevent fungal infection. This is a well-known antifungal cream ketoconazole that kills fungi and yeasts by interfering with their cell membranes. This ketoconazole cream antifungal prevents the fungus from growing on the skin. This cream can be used to treat jock itch, ringworm, athlete’s foot, dry flaking skin, etc.
To apply Ketomac Cream, clean, and thoroughly dry the area that needs to be treated. Use the cream once or twice a day continuously for a month to get the best results.