Perhaps you might be suffering from acne and pimple problems. You may not be aware of Ayurveda remedies which is a natural way to cure pimples as well as heals acne problems from the inside-out.
Introduction to Acne
Acne or pimples are not dangerous or life-threatening. But they can be distressing and highly stubborn. It also affects commonly all people across the globe, be it a boy or a girl. Some may experience less while others with severe acne. The very sight of acne can be termed as a confidence-breaker and occurs mostly among youngsters. The majority of the teenagers can be noticed to even stop mingling with their friends or even going outside out of embarrassment. At times, they are also painful and as it matures may release yellow color pus that is really unsightly. Some pimples may also leave behind ugly looking scars.
Why not conventional medicines for treatment?
If you experience acne breakout on any part of your body, it is quite natural for you to buy and use topical ointments that are readily available in the market. There are easily available a variety of conventional products to treat acne from well-established brands in the market. But the ointments and tablets available are mostly chemical-based. Instead of eliminating pimple problems permanently, it simply suppresses them. This means, after taking medication, your pimples may disappear. But it is likely to return back a few days or months later once you stop the medication. It also means that you have to use repeatedly in different types of medicines and ointments to treat your pimple problems. Besides wasting predacious money, you also stand to destroy your skin, including having scars that will never get removed easily.
Acne & Ayurveda remedies
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach towards providing treatment and permanent cure to different types of health ailments. Ayurvedic therapy and medicines offered by experienced practitioners not only treats acne and pimples from the skin surface, but also from its source. This way, the root issue of the problem is taken proper care of, ensuring that this particular part does not experience any more acne breakouts. Your Ayurveda practitioner may prescribe you to use the best antifungal cream in India. Implementing the advice correctly on time and thoroughly will ensure having acne-free, smooth skin.
Causes of acne
According to Ayurveda, the impairment of Agni is cited to be the main cause of acne breakout on the skin. Agni is known to imbalance the three doshas, mostly the Pitta dosha. The latter vitiates medha (fat tissues) and rakta (blood) dhatus. Toxins are produced by the vitiated doshas, thereby blocking the Srotas in the affected regions, thereby causing pimple formation. Moreover, excessive consumption of sour, salty, spicy, and oily foods can also aggravate this condition. Even irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, and scalp having excess oil may lead to acne breakouts.
Ayurvedic treatment for pimples & acne
You need to visit a good, certified Ayurveda practitioner to avail proper and thorough diagnosis and treatment. There are also several home remedies that you can try out of which most ingredients are easily found in your kitchen. But the results derived might vary because of climate, body constitution, and other factors.
You should also choose to consume a pitta-pacifying diet as it helps to prevent acne formation. If you experience frequent acne and pimple outbreaks, then avoid fermented, sour, spicy, and oily foods. Also avoid gluey, cheesy, and heavily fried foods.
Lifestyle & Diet to follow
- Take Virechana (purgation) once every two to three months. It helps cleanse your internal system. You are recommended to avail of this under the strict supervision of an experienced Ayurveda practitioner.
- Consume lots of fresh vegetables, fruits, and unprocessed food.
- Avoid consuming sour, oily, and spicy foods.
- Wash face quite frequently using herbal-based soap-free, face washes.
- Manage constipation with Triphala tablets.
- Consume water of about 8 to 10 glasses daily.
- Intake more herbs in your diet with body cooling effects like black grapes, fennel, amla (Indian gooseberry), Aloe Vera, and Tinospora Cordifolia (Guduchi).
- Avoid squeezing acne lesions.
- Avoid irritant cosmetics.
Ayurveda home remedies to treat & prevent pimples
- Herbal mixture: Combine together the powdered mixture of fennel, coriander seeds, turmeric, amla, and basil in equal parts. They are all rich in antioxidants good enough to destroy inflammation present within the skin. You need to consume this powder (just half a teaspoon) around 15 minutes before having lunch as well as dinner. It should be taken along with lukewarm water.
You can also apply an herbal mixture externally on areas where there are acne and pimple formation. Mix turmeric powder, sandalwood paste with rosewater and apply it to the affected parts. Leave it for about half an hour before washing it with cold water.
- Amla Juice: This fruit is a wonderful source of antioxidants and should be taken daily to be in good health. Ayurveda considers amla with very high regards and has kept it in the top position when skin treatment is concerned. Fresh Amla juice is known to contain Vitamin C (a natural antioxidant) about 20 times that of what exists in Orange juice. This means you can remain unaffected by free radicals and their harmful effects while preventing acne formation.
- Amla Fruit: Amla not only provides skincare but also can combat acne-causing bacteria, avoid scars and also eliminate excess sebum. Take some amlas, create a paste and apply it to your face. After 15 to 20 minutes, wash it off with normal water.
- Tulsi or Basil: Ayurveda considers the Tulsi plant and its leaves sacred as it has miraculous healing properties. When used regularly, it can help treat blemishes, pimples, and acne naturally. Take some fresh tulsi leaves, clean them, and crush them to avail it juice. Apply it to the affected region of your face and allow it to absorb this juice for about 15 to 20 minutes. Use clean water to rinse it off.
- Honey: This miraculous natural ingredient comes with lots of visible benefits. It can also treat pimples, acne quickly. Take some drops of honey and apply it to the scars or pimples. After 5 to 10 minutes, rinse it off with normal water. Repeat the procedure regularly to derive the best results.
- Neem leaves: You can apply neem paste on your affected skin parts. Allow it to dry for some time and then with normal water rinse and pat dry. You can prepare neem paste at your home by mixing and boiling some fresh leaves with rose water.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is considered to be one of the most important and commonly used ingredients in Ayurveda. It is well known for its anti-fungal, anti-allergic, and anti-bacterial properties. You can create a paste using turmeric powder and rosewater. Use this paste to apply on the affected parts. Once it dries, simply rinse off using cold water and pat dry. If you have dry skin, then you can use honey instead of rosewater. Regular application helps cleanse toxins accumulated within the skin pores.