Perhaps you might be suffering from acne and pimple problems. You may not be aware of Ayurveda remedies, a natural way to cure pimples and heal acne problems from the inside out.
Introduction to Acne
Acne or pimples are not dangerous or life-threatening. But they can be distressing and highly stubborn. It also affects all people across the globe, be it a boy or a girl. Some may experience less, while others with severe acne. The sight of acne can be termed a confidence-breaker and occurs primarily among youngsters. The majority of the teenagers can be noticed even to stop mingling with their friends or even going outside out of embarrassment. At times, they are also painful and, as it matures, may release yellow colour pus that is unsightly. Some pimples may also leave behind ugly looking scars.
Why not conventional medicines for treatment?
If you experience acne breakout on any part of your body, it is quite natural for you to buy and use topical ointments readily available on the market. There are easily available various conventional products to treat acne from well-established brands. But the ointments and tablets available are mostly chemical-based. Instead of eliminating pimple problems permanently, it simply suppresses them. This means that after taking medication, your pimples may disappear. But it is likely to return a few days or months later once you stop the medication. You also have to repeatedly use different medicines and ointments to treat your pimple problems. Besides wasting predacious money, you also stand to destroy your skin, including having scars that will never get removed quickly.
Acne & Ayurveda remedies
Ayurveda takes a holistic approach toward providing treatment and permanent cures to different health ailments. Ayurvedic therapy and medicines offered by experienced practitioners treat acne and pimples from the skin surface and its source. This way, the root issue is taken proper care of, ensuring that this particular part does not experience acne breakouts. Your Ayurveda practitioner may prescribe you use the best antifungal cream in India. Implementing the advice correctly on time and thoroughly will ensure having acne-free, smooth skin.
Causes of acne
According to Ayurveda, the impairment of Agni is cited to be the leading cause of acne breakout on the skin. Agni is known to imbalance the three doshas, mostly the Pitta dosha. The latter vitiates Medha (fat tissues) and rakta (blood) Dhatus. Toxins are produced by the vitiated doshas, blocking the Srotas in the affected regions, and causing pimple formation. Moreover, excessive sour, salty, spicy, and oily foods can aggravate this condition. Even irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, and scalp having excess oil may lead to acne breakouts.
Ayurvedic treatment for pimples & acne
It would help if you visited a good, certified Ayurveda practitioner to avail proper and thorough diagnosis and treatment. There are also several home remedies that you can try out of which most ingredients are easily found in your kitchen. But the results derived might vary because of climate, body constitution, and other factors.
It would help if you also chose to consume a pitta-pacifying diet as it helps to prevent acne formation. If you experience frequent acne and pimple outbreaks, then avoid fermented, sour, spicy, and oily foods. Also, avoid gluey, cheesy, and heavily fried foods.
Lifestyle & Diet to follow
- Take Virechana (purgation) once every two to three months. It helps cleanse your internal system. You are recommended to avail this under the strict supervision of an experienced Ayurveda practitioner.
- Consume lots of fresh vegetables, fruits, and unprocessed food.
- Avoid consuming sour, oily, and spicy foods.
- Wash face quite frequently using herbal-based soap-free face washes.
- Manage constipation with Triphala tablets.
- Consume water of about 8 to 10 glasses daily.
- Intake more herbs in your Diet with body cooling effects like black grapes, fennel, amla (Indian gooseberry), Aloe Vera, and Tinospora Cordifolia (Guduchi).
- Avoid squeezing acne lesions.
- Avoid irritant cosmetics.
Ayurveda home remedies to treat & prevent pimples
- Herbal mixture: Combine the powdered fennel, coriander seeds, turmeric, amla, and basil. They are all rich in antioxidants good enough to destroy inflammation present within the skin. You need to consume this powder (just half a teaspoon) for around 15 minutes before having lunch and dinner, and it should be taken along with lukewarm water.
You can also apply a herbal mixture externally on acne and pimple formation areas. Mix turmeric powder and sandalwood paste with rosewater and apply it to the affected parts. Leave it for about half an hour before washing it with cold water.
- Amla Juice: This fruit is a beautiful source of antioxidants and should be taken daily to be in good health. Ayurveda considers amla in very high regard and has kept it in the top position when skin treatment is concerned. Fresh Amla juice contains Vitamin C (a natural antioxidant) about 20 times that in Orange juice. This means you can remain unaffected by free radicals and their harmful effects while preventing acne formation.
- Amla Fruit: Amla provides skincare and can combat acne-causing bacteria, avoid scars, and eliminate excess sebum. Take some amlas, create a paste and apply it to your face. After 15 to 20 minutes, wash it off with normal water.
- Tulsi or Basil: Ayurveda considers the Tulsi plant and its leaves sacred as it has miraculous healing properties. When used regularly, it can help treat blemishes, pimples, and acne naturally. Take some fresh tulsi leaves, clean them, and crush them to avail juice. Apply it to the affected region of your face and allow it to absorb this juice for about 15 to 20 minutes. Use clean water to rinse it off.
- Honey: This miraculous natural ingredient comes with lots of visible benefits. It can also treat pimples and acne quickly. Take some drops of honey and apply them to the scars or pimples. After 5 to 10 minutes, rinse it off with normal water. Repeat the procedure regularly to derive the best results.
- Neem leaves: You can apply neem paste on your affected skin parts. You can prepare neem paste at your home by mixing and boiling some fresh leaves with rose water. Allow it to dry for some time, and then with normal water, rinse and pat dry.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is considered one of the most important and commonly used ingredients in Ayurveda. It is well known for its antifungal, anti-allergic, and anti-bacterial properties. You can create a paste using turmeric powder and rosewater. Use this paste to apply to the affected parts. Once it dries, rinse off using cold water and pat dry. If you have dry skin, you can use honey instead of rosewater. Regular application helps cleanse toxins accumulated within the skin pores.