There are various types of issues that people of all ages tend to contract at some point in time in their lives. One such issue is getting ringworms which are considered to be a severe infectious fungal problem, which occurs during summertime. Symptoms may vary depending upon the locating of the infection. There takes place a circular rash with red, raised edges, and having healthy skin in its middle. The infection might even take place in the form of jock itch (groin region), on the scalp, and as an athlete’s foot on the feet. It is tough to treat some infections. But taking care of hygiene and using ringworm creams or topical antifungal cream is sure to help cure them.
Use the Topical Antifungal Cream To Treat Ringworm Issues
One can get over the counter topical antifungal creams at the local medicine store. If the problem is severe, then visiting the doctor is an absolute must to get proper treatment. The doctor is likely to prescribe the stronger variants of the cream to ensure an effective remedy. Oral medication can be prescribed for serious infections of the nails and scalp region.
Instructions To Follow When Buying And Using Topical Fungal Cream
- Choose the most appropriate antifungal cream. Few are formulated to assist treat all types of fungus and others to take care of specific strains. The one to be purchased needs to be effective against ringworm. Often ingredients like Clotrimazole, Miconazole, Terbinafine, Ketoconazole, Betamethasone, and Clotrimazole are used in them.
- Identify how often the ringworm cream is to be used. Generally, OTC creams require the application twice a day. Following the instructions present on the label can help to know better. Several times to be applied depends upon the formation strength of the cream.
- The infected area needs to be cleaned properly and thoroughly before applying the best topical fungal cream. If there is a bandage used to cover the infected area, then remove it and wash the rash using water and soap. Then pat it dry, before applying the cream to ensure it gets absorbed quickly. It ensures that the creams contact the fungus and does not get contaminated with sweat and dirt.
- Wash hands thoroughly before & after application of the cream to avoid contamination.
- On an infected area as well as its surrounding areas, apply a thin layer of ringworm cream to prevent the further growth of rash. This may infect and asymptomatic healthy skin
- Allow drying of the cream and its full absorption. Avoid covering the area if the cream is moist. Using a bandage, ensure it is dry and clean since fungi favor wet, warm places.
- This treatment should be repeated as prescribed to get the best results.
- You need to use this product for a week or so, even if you find symptoms are disappearing.
If visible changes are not found, then do consult the doctor without any delay. The professional should be let know of allergic reactions if any takes place like itchiness, excessive redness, or burning.