Fungal infection is widespread in the world. Several individuals go through these infections at some point or the other. These usually occur when a form of fungus takes over a particular part of the body or an area, and its existence is beyond the control of our immune system. Fungi live in the air, water, soil, and even plants. Several types of bacteria live inside our bodies. Some of these are helpful, and some of them are harmful. When these harmful bacteria take over the body and become difficult to kill, they start to survive and affect an individual so that it becomes difficult for the person to get better. The market is filled with several products as individuals are constantly looking for antifungal cream for yeast infections and other types of fungal infections. Go through the post to get rid of yeast infections.
Types of Fungal Infection
To treat a particular type of fungal infection, it is first essential to identify it. The different types of these infections are:
- Athlete’s foot
- Yeast infection
- Jock itch
Causes of Yeast infection
The most common type of Yeast infection known to humans is a vaginal yeast infection. When these good bacteria in the vagina are disturbed and the chemistry is unbalanced, it leads to itching and other symptoms. The most common reasons are:
- Changes in hormonal levels
- Antibiotics and sometimes even other drugs
- An immune system that has become weak
- Transfer from someone else that has had this infection
Even though we say that this is very common in women, it does not mean that men cannot have it, but it is very rare for them to have it.
Effects of Yeast Infection:
When we speak on yeast infections, in particular, we need to understand here that yeast infection could affect different parts of the body in two different ways:
- White patches in the mouth are caused by a yeast infection called Thrush.
- Women usually get infections with a vaginal infection.
- Yeast infection on your skin can cause rashes and itching.
- It is when these yeast infections affect your blood it becomes life-threatening.
- Yeast infection could also affect the oesophagus, the main pipe transporting food from the mouth to your stomach.
In most cases, the best way to treat a yeast infection fast is by using Antifungal medicines. One of the most reviewed and successful antifungal medicines that are available in the market areKetomac. This cream is antifungal cream, which can prevent the growth of fungus on the skin. It treats both fungal and also yeast infections. To make this cream, we use a synthetic antifungal agent, Ketoconazole. The membranes are an essential part of the survival of these bacteria, and Ketoconazole makes holes in them and leads to leakage of the fungal cells. Ketoconazole kills these bacteria and infections using interfering with the cell membrane of these fungi and yeast infections. This finally clears out the fungus and finally the infection.
When applied to the affected area for a prescribed period of 2 to 4 weeks, this Ketomac cream can protect an individual from any fungal disease.
Apart from all the antifungal creams available in the market, there are also some home remedies that one can consider to get rid of yeast infections. These are:
- Boric Acid: Uses of Boric Acid include treating vaginal infections in women and are given to those who tend to have a recurring yeast infection. These come in the form of capsules of 600mg and are easy to insert directly into the vagina to treat the infection. Boric acid works successfully in 70% of the cases.
- Tea Tree Oil: This oil has excellent antifungal properties. Research proves that this oil kills a wide range of fungi and yeast. Not only is this safe to apply on the skin, but it is also safe for women to use in their vaginas for the treatment of vaginal infection. One thing to remember here is that concentrated tea tree oil can cause severe irritation, mainly when used in the vagina, so a good way to use it is by mixing it in a carrier oil.
- Garlic and oil of oregano. Go through a few more list of home remedies below:
Probiotics: Method to treat yeast infections naturally
Probiotics: Probiotics are a great way to treat yeast infections naturally. Probiotic drinks are now commonly available in pharmacies, stores, and even health stores. Yeast infection is widespread in females, so many companies have come up with probiotic drinks that are made specifically for women and help them balance out the bacteria and yeast present in the vagina. These come in the form of drinks and also can be inserted.
Yoghurt: We commonly search online to treat a yeast infection fast, whereas all we need to do is look inside our kitchen cabinets. It is well-known that yoghurt has some beneficial bacteria that occur naturally in unsweetened and non-flavoured yoghurt. Yoghurt is not only good for eating, but you can also apply this directly to the infection.
Coconut Oil: This oil has excellent antifungal properties and has been used widely to treat several skin-related diseases. One can use raw coconut oil by either applying it to affected areas or even consuming it. One more important use of this oil is using it as a carrier oil and, therefore, can be mixed with any other oil.
Finally, one should remember that yeast infection is not a form of STD. They are neither contagious nor spread to another person. But yes, sexual contact can sometimes cause yeast infections. Nevertheless, with all the natural remedies and, of course, antifungal creams and medicines available, one can get rid of them in no time unless they have not been treated well in time.