There is no such particular routine that you could follow so that your baby’s face can be protected from any sort of skin trouble, but yes one should be aware of the different skin conditions that could protect your baby’s face. Let us begin by discussing these skin conditions. Rashes on your newborn are among the most common reasons that one runs to a doctor, what is even more disheartening is when these rashes are on your child’s face. Learn how to deal with issues related to skincare for babies and kids’ faces.
Eczema: even though one may think that rosy cheeks are something that is cute in kids and is mostly desired by parents but that is not always the case. These red cheeks could be signs of atopic dermatitis, which is among the most common types of skin conditions that a baby can have. In situations where the kid has eczema, the skin is unable to lock in moisture and therefore it leaves the skin looking cracked and extremely dry. Making things worse the next stage is itching which is followed by scratching of the face and then forming a perfect base for outside infections to grow. A Child’s face is something that usually gets attacked first by eczema. And in this case, you need skincare for babies’ and kids’ faces.
Triggers like wool, chemicals in soaps and lotions, heat, and even detergents could make the case worse. In most cases, doctors prescribe a strong moisturizing of the skin, and in case the situation gets worse, even steroids need to be given.
Acne: Sometimes when you see acne on your child’s face you wonder how amazing your genes are, and they travel right through your placenta into your child. You are not the only one who suffers from acne; acne is extremely common in kids too. The use of detergents, crying, and even heat makes these worse. But like all things in life even acne is not permanent, and they usually get fine with time. To soothe the condition the doctors usually prescribe soft and gentle products along with completely natural baby skincare and maintaining proper hygiene in bigger kids. Studies have also shown that neonatal acne treats itself in a matter of 3 months.
White pearl-like cysts are often seen on babies’ forehead, cheeks, nose, and sometimes even chin. This condition is not common in older children and is mostly seen in new-borns. With no particular treatment and no cause for occurrence, these could still be quite irritating for the child. One thing to avoid in a condition like this is picking it.
Irritant Contact Dermatitis
This rash is seen when there is any type of inflammation on your child’s face. In older kids, this may occur due to excessive sweat staying wet for a longer period of time. As for newborns or babies, red patches or pink bumps are usually found near the mouth area and the reason for this is drools and even those self-fed messy meals. Once the newborn stage is passed and the child is a little older these are found on cheeks, chin, and neck since they start taking solids and could occasionally drop them around these areas.
Until now we spoke about infections that were not as severe but this one surely is. It is contagious and is bound to happen when bacteria enter the child’s skin via the eczema patches, or even something as basic as cuts.
Skin Care for Babies and Kids Face from Any Skin Infection
Children have skin that is even thinner than adults and it is exactly for this reason that even a small infection could irritate the child’s skin. Some tips that could help you as parents are:
- Protection from Sun: even though the sun is a great source of vitamin d, excessive sun exposure could burn your child’s delicate skin. As parents, one should encourage their child to be indoors while the sun is strongest. In case the child has to be for something or the other he/she should be covered well to avoid any exposure. An important thing that you could add as a Natural Face Care for Babies is an all-natural Sunscreen. Several companies have come up with organic and all-natural products.
- Choosing products that are perfume and dye-free: Several products may seem fancy by their looks but are harmful in nature due to the presence of perfumes and dyes, which could irritate the child’s skin. Something as basic as detergents and fabric softeners could be the reason for your child’s irritated skin. It is very important to choose skin-friendly products for your child. Reading labels clearly is also an important thing to do before buying stuff.
- Brushing hair, regular bathing, cleaning the diaper areas properly
- Moisturizing your child’s skin: Using moisturizers that are tested by dermatologists is advised by doctors. Selecting products that are all-natural and soft on the skin is important.
- Getting help for irritated skin: In case the skin of your child is severely irritated one must visit a doctor and in most cases, the doctor would prescribe a safe ointment or cream that can be applied topically. Ketomac is one such trusted brand that has ketoconazole as the main ingredient. The ketoconazole baby face cream is wonderful for kids that suffer from itchy or irritated skin. The cream is all-natural and can be used as a treatment for bacterial and fungal infections.
Having a child is the most precious gift that God can give any human; even the smallest tear in your child’s eyes would hurt a parent deeply. There are certain things that are not in our control but a lot of them are in our control too. By taking the smallest measures like washing and cleaning the child well, switching to organic products, maintaining basic hygiene, etc., we could avoid a lot of types of fungus and bacteria. Also, in cases where there is a situation of an infection use only products that are natural, trusted by doctors, and most importantly effective in treating the skin infection. It is exactly for this reason that creams like Ketomac have found a place in all the families since it could work wonders for the child as well as the parent.