Many people believe that hair is a non-living entity that emerges through the scalp and it doesn’t get damaged the way our skin does. You may not experience sunburn symptoms on our hair the way we experience on our skin, the hair still gets damaged. If we fail to take measures for protecting our hair from the sun, it could result in a dry, brittle, and dull mane. The damage worsens when you take a dip in the pool because of the drying effects that chlorine and salt have. Do you wonder how to protect your hair from sun damage?
If you have your hair colored, the sun can also change your dye job. Hair experts say that bleached hair is more vulnerable to damage as they have open hair follicles which exposes hair to oxidation damage caused by UV rays.
Tips and Suggestion to Protect Your Hair from Sun Damage:
- Make hats a part of your look
Hats, hands down are a great addition to your wardrobe and change your appearance, they also help in protecting your hair from sun damage. Hats will not only keep you cooler but also keep your skin, hair, and scalp happy.
- Zinc oxide
- If you are not wearing a hat, it is a good idea to apply a sunblock with Zinc oxide in areas of the scalp which are exposed to sun due to thinning of hair. Applying sunblock cream on areas where your hair part and your crown will help in protecting the vulnerable areas.
- You need to use a gentle shampoo that cleans your hair without ripping off the moisture from your hair. You can use shampoo Ketomac for long, shiny, and healthy hair.
- Natural oil
- Natural oils are the best remedy for dry hair as well as protection of hair from the sun. They not only smooth your cuticles but also add shine and offer sun protection. The recommended types of oil are raspberry, seed, avocado, coconut oil, and olive oil.
These were some preventive tips for protecting your hair from damage but if your hair has already been damaged, some homemade masks can help in rectifying the damaged hair. These masks also help in treating scalp conditions such as dandruff and itching. There are few symptoms of dandruff you should be aware of so that you can take measures in time.
Here’s a look:
- Aloe Vera juice
- Take some Aloe Vera Juice and mix lemon juice in it. Apply it on hair and leave it for 15 minutes, followed by a rinse with normal water.
- Honey and banana
- One of the most effective remedies for sun-damaged hair is applying a mask of honey and ripe mashed banana. Keep the mask for 30-40 minutes and wash with normal water.
- We all are aware of the wonderful benefits of eggs on our hair. They also cure damaged hair. Apply a whipped egg on hair and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water. You can also mix some olive oil and honey to the egg for nourishing the scallop.
For daily hair care, it is essential to use a quality shampoo that promotes hair growth and improves your scalp condition. The Ketomac shampoo benefits are too many to list down and the effects are visible within a few days of use.