Dandruff is so frustrating that no matter how hard one tries to hide it, those flakes are easily visible to people around us. It causes us to lose our confidence and makes us more conscious of our looks. It is therefore essential to deal with these white flakes on our scalp. But first of all, let us understand what dandruff is, what are the various causes it, and what can be done to reduce dandruff. It would help if you used shampoo for the oily scalp in India for getting rid of dandruff.
Dandruff is dead skin bunched together due to excessive oil because of which white flakes appear on the scalp. Though dandruff is not permanent, it comes and goes still. It is very unpleasant as it causes our scalp to be itchy, causes redness, and embarrasses us. There are various causes of dandruff. These include:
- Seborrheic Dermatitis is caused by yeast known as Malassezia that is found due to oil secreted by the scalp. Due to seborrheic dermatitis, one may experience an itchy scalp. Redness and cause severe problems with dandruff. This problem can be solved with proper and regular cleaning and care.
- Dry skin: People with dry skin are more prone to a high risk of dandruff. Dry skin flaking as dandruff is more likely when you have dry skin. Winter also worsens the condition.
- Skin Conditions: One suffering from psoriasis or eczema, the risk of dandruff is high. Dandruff is a persistent problem with such skin conditions; however, proper care can minimise its effects.
- Hygiene: Not shampooing your hair from time to time may cause dandruff. Lack of proper cleaning can make oil from the scalp and skin clomps together, causing dandruff.
- Pollution and Heat: Pollution and heat are some of the major causes of dandruff. It leads to excessive sweating, a fungal infection causing leading to the issue of dandruff.
- Stress: Stress can cause your dandruff to magnify. It makes your skin itchy which again leads to dead skin cells flaking, thus causing more dandruff.
Dandruff is a recurring problem in many people, so it is essential to take care of it proper care. Home remedies have proven to be very effective in dealing with dandruff. These are explained as below:
- Heena: Applying Heena can effectively manage your dandruff issues. It softens your hair. Apply it properly to your hair for two hours and see the difference it can make as it has antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties that protect your hair.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: When applied to your scalp, Apple cider vinegar inhibits the growth of yeast. For applying, mix it with cold water and use it post shampooing. After about two minutes, rinse it off with water.
- Coconut oil and lemon: Coconut oil is known to fight against dandruff. Its antifungal properties help smoothen your hair. It provides the required moisture to your scalp and even helps in the growth of your hair. Apply it with a combination of lemon and let it sit on your hair for 20 minutes, and then rinse it off with shampoo. Make it to your routine and see the wonders it can do to your hair.
- Increase the intake of Omega-3s: Omega 3 fatty acid is beneficial for your body. A deficiency of Omega -3 can lead to dry hair, dry skin, and even dandruff. It also helps in overcoming the problem of inflammation that provides you relieve you from irritation and dandruff related symptoms. You can increase the intake of Omega-3s by consuming food enriched with this nutrient.
- Yoghurt: The lactic acid in yoghurt can help reduce dandruff in your scalp effectively. It provides your hair with the required protein that helps it in its fight against dandruff. Apply it to your hair, let it dry, and then rinse it off with shampoo. It will help in getting the desired result for your dandruff issues.
- Neem: Dandruff is the result of fungal infections. A neem antifungal and anti-inflammatory property go a long way in reducing dandruff on your scalp. Crush the neem so that a thick paste can be formed, apply this paste on your scalp for 10 minutes, and then rinse it off with the shampoo. It will undoubtedly help you with dandruff problems.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is a miracle ingredient as it provides so many benefits, including reducing dandruff. It helps in removing and cleansing dead skin and promotes the growth of new cells. The cooling effect of aloe vera provides relief to your itchy scalp as well.
- Egg Yolk: Enriched with biotin, Egg yolk is the primary source of treating dandruff. It also plays the role of a natural conditioner for your hair. Apply the egg yolk on your scalp and let it remain for some time. Follow these steps to get the best results.
- Salt: Salt absorbs the excessive oil that is otherwise is the breeding ground for dandruff. Add a pinch of salt to your shampoo, and then apply it to your scalp. Let it sit for 2 minutes, and then rinse it off. Make it your daily routine and experience the difference in your hair.
Dandruff can be taken care of if you follow a proper hair care routine coupled with medicated shampoo. One should shampoo which have certain ingredients:
- Selenium Sulphide: This element reduces fungus and lessens dead skin cells.
- Salicylic Acid: This helps reduce dandruff flakes from your scalp, but it can make your scalp dry. Hence use it with a conditioner to maintain the moisture of your hair.
- Pyrithione Zinc: The pyrithione zinc helps to reduce fungus due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties.
- Ketoconazole: Ketoconazole is used to treat infection and skin conditions as it has antifungal properties.
- Tar: Tar helps to slow down the growth of dandruff on your scalp. It keeps dandruff in control.
- Tea tree oil: Tea tree oil is the main ingredient that is found in several shampoos. Its antifungal and healing properties can do wonders to your scalp.
One must look for the ingredients mentioned above while buying shampoo to fight against the issue of dandruff.
Ketomac Dandruff Treatment Shampoo provides you with the best dandruff shampoo for the oily scalp, which contains all the required ingredients to fight against your dandruff issues. It is an antifungal medicine that helps in treating fungal infections. It kills and stops the growth of the fungi by destroying its cell membrane, thus treating the infection. It provides the required nutrients to your scalp and thus helps in reducing the growth of dandruff. It helps in treating flaking, itching, and also inflammation caused by dandruff. It contains ketoconazole that helps in the prevention of dandruff. Ketoconazole works by killing fungi on the skin known as Malassezia. Ketomac is a trusted product by many when it comes to reducing and preventing dandruff. This should be regularly used to get the best results.
However, it is essential to consult doctors before using Ketomac to get the best result. Use as per the direction of your director. The dose and duration of treatment will depend on what is being treated for. Make sure that you always complete the course so that it provides you with the best outcomes. There are specific side effects associated with it, such as dryness, hair discolouration, and abnormal hair texture. Most of them do not require treatment, but if they persist, consult your doctor.