If you are one of those girls who have rough, dry, damaged, or frizzy hair, you would know how difficult your hair can be. Humidity can also make your hair look more damaged and dry. Everybody wishes to get silky and strong hair. Whether your hair is straight, curly, or even wavy, silky, and strong hair makes your hair looks beautiful. Silky hair is also easy to manage and tangle-free. Silky hair has more muscular elasticity and thus fights breakage. Most women have dry, rough, and dull hair. Most of us only dream of soft and silky hair. What if I told you, you don’t have to dream of it anymore? Most women have hair types that can be treated chemically or naturally to get soft and healthy hair. Girls, it’s easier than you think! Here are a few tips on how to get healthy, soft, and silky hair.
General tips on how to take care of hair for silky soft hair
- Wash your hair with cold water only. If you prefer to wash your hair with warm water, always rinse your hair off with cold water as the last step of your shower.
- Use a wide-toothed comb. Combs that are of wider teeth can cause lesser damage. Thus, it prevents your hair from breaking.
- Ensure that you oil your hair at least twice a week.
- Use oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, and olive oil, and incorporate essential oils such as lemongrass oil, lavender oil, rosemary oils, etc., for added benefits.
- Hot oil treatments can also improve blood circulation and thus enhance strong hair growth.
- Use the correct type of shampoo and conditioner. Use a shampoo for the type of scalp. If you tend to have a dry or itchy scalp, use a natural shampoo to fight itchiness. If you have an oily scalp, use a shampoo that fights against greasy hair.
- Maintain a healthy and clean diet.
- Stay away from heating appliances such as straighteners, curling irons, and hair dryers.
- Avoid hair products that are loaded with chemicals.
- Use a chemical-free hair conditioner. Apply a coin-sized amount of conditioner to your hair’s middle and lower portion.
- Choosing a good hairstyle also plays a role in protection against hair fall and damaged hair. Do not use tight elastic rubber bands as they can cause breakage.
Home remedies for dry and rough hair
- Avocado hair mask
- Take one ripe avocado and blend it with two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this mask to clean hair and scalp. Avocado is rich in vitamins C, E, K, and B-6 and riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. Avocado nourishes hair and makes it strong and silky.
- Olive oil is rich in vitamins A, E, and antioxidants; olive oil helps protect the keratin in hair and seals in moisture.
- Egg hair mask
Mix one egg with two tablespoons of olive oil and two tablespoons of honey. Beat the mixture until it becomes uniform. Apply this mask to clean the scalp and hair. Leave the mask on for 2 hours and then rinse off with a mild shampoo followed by conditioner.
Egg yolk is densely packed with nutrition and proteins, such as biotin, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin D. Honey helps retain moisture, smoothens hair, and keeps it soft and nourished.
- Banana hair mask
Blend one ripe banana with two tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil, two tablespoons of honey and half a cup of full-fat milk until you get a uniform mixture. Apply this mask to clean the scalp and hair, and leave the mask on for two or more hours. Rinse with lukewarm water followed by a mild shampoo and conditioner. Banana is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, vitamin b, and other goodness, nourishing your hair and restoring its elasticity. These famous deep conditions hydrate your hair leaving it soft, silky, and shiny it reduces split ends and helps tame frizzy hair.
Hair fall due to greasy and oily hair
Hair fall could be due to various reasons; one of the most important is greasy, oily hair. So, what are the reasons behind oily and greasy hair? Hair naturally produces sebum which helps protect the hair and retain moisture. When excess sebum is produced, it remains as residue on the scalp and makes it look crazy. This greasiness attracts dirt and causes hair to fall. Greasiness can also be due to lifestyle. It is essential to wash your hair two to three times a week. If you wash your hair very few times a month, your hair can become greasy and oily. Thus adapting regular hair washing and oiling techniques, you can meet him with healthy and strong hair. Greasy and oily hair is usually accompanied by dandruff. Dandruff is a condition where the scalp becomes itchy and dead cells fall off as flakes on the shoulders.
The symptoms of dandruff include dirty white flakes on the shoulders and hair strands, itchiness, redness, and scaly scalp. One of the common mistakes of dandruff that we make is scratching, and scratching only aggregates the condition further, and it causes redness, scaly scalp, and hair fall. We scratched damaged hair follicles, increasing hair fall and causing breakage. This makes hair look dry, damaged, and thinner.
When dealing with dandruff and greasiness, you must remember to follow a regular hair routine. Make sure you wash your hair 2 to 3 times a week with warm or cold water. Moisturize your hair using coconut oil at least once a week. Coconut oil has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties, which can help fight dandruff and moisturize your hair, making it soft and shiny. Try different home remedies targeted at fighting dandruff, such as aspirin, neem, yoghurt, fenugreek seeds, apple cider vinegar, etc. Remedies that include these products help fight dandruff actively. Although if you have attempted trying different home remedies and they do not work, then it comes to getting your scalp diagnosed by a specialist. Hair specialists can help you determine the cause of your greasy, oily hair and help you fight your hair fall problems. Try using a medicated shampoo; search Ketomac shampoo for hair loss. This shampoo contains ketoconazole which actively fights dandruff. You will see results in a few washes.