If you are one of those girls who have rough, dry, damaged, or frizzy hair; then you would know how difficult your hair can be. Humidity can also make your hair look more damaged and dry. Everybody wishes to get silky and strong hair. Whether your hair is straight, curly, or even wavy, silky, and strong hair makes your hair look beautiful and attractive. Silky hair is also easy to manage and tangle-free. Silky hair has stronger elasticity and thus fights breakage. Most women have dry, rough, and dull hair. Most of us only dream of soft and silky hair. What if I told you, you don’t have to dream of it anymore? Most women have hair types that can be treated chemically or naturally to get soft and healthy hair. Girls, it’s easier than you think! Here are a few tips on how to get healthy, soft, and silky hair.
General tips on how to take care of hair for silky soft hair
- Wash your hair with cold water only. If you prefer to wash your hair with warm water, then always rinse your hair off with cold water as the last step of your shower.
- Use a wide-toothed comb. Combs that are of wider teeth can cause lesser damage. Thus, it prevents your hair from breakage.
- Ensure that you oil your hair at least twice a week.
- Use oils such as coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, and also, incorporate essential oils such as lemongrass oil, lavender oil, and rosemary oils, etc. for added benefits.
- Hot oil treatments can also improve blood circulation and thus enhance strong hair growth.
- Use the correct type of shampoo and conditioner. Use a shampoo for the type of scalp. If you tend to have a dry or itchy scalp use a natural shampoo that fights the itchiness. If you have an oily scalp, use a shampoo that fights against greasy hair.
- Maintain a healthy and clean diet.
- Stay away from heating appliances such as straighteners, curling irons, and hair dryers.
- Avoid hair products that are loaded with chemicals.
- Use a chemical-free hair conditioner. Apply a coin-sized amount of conditioner to the middle and lower portion of your hair.
- Choosing a good hairstyle also plays a role in protection against hair fall and damaged hair. Do not use tight elastic rubber bands as they can cause breakage.
Home remedies for dry and rough hair
- Avocado hair mask
- Take one ripe avocado and blend it with two tablespoons of olive oil. Apply this mask on clean hair and scalp. Avocado is rich in vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium, and potassium. Avocado nourishes hair and makes it strong and silky.
- Olive oil is rich in vitamins A, E, and antioxidants; olive oil helps protect the keratin in hair and seals in moisture.
- Egg hair mask
Mix one egg with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey. Beat the mixture until it becomes uniform. Apply this mask to clean the scalp and hair. Leave the mask on for 2 hours and then rinse off with a mild shampoo followed by conditioner.
Egg yolk is densely packed with nutrition and proteins, such as biotin, folate, vitamin A, and vitamin D. Honey helps retain moisture, smoothens hair, and keeps it soft and nourished.
- Banana hair mask
Blend one ripe banana with two tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil 2 tablespoons of honey and half a cup of full-fat milk until you get a uniform mixture. Apply this mask to clean the scalp and hair. Leave the mask on for 2 or more hours. Rinse with lukewarm water followed by a mild shampoo and conditioner. Banana is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C vitamin b, and other goodness that nourishes your hair and restores its elasticity. This famous deep conditions and hydrates your hair leaving it soft, silky, and shiny it reduces split ends and helps tame frizzy hair
Hair fall due to greasy and oily hair
Hair-fall could be due to various reasons, one of the strongest reasons is greasy oily hair. So, what are the reasons behind oily and greasy hair? Hair naturally produces sebum which helps protect the hair and retain moisture. When excess sebum is produced, it remains as residue on the scalp and makes it look crazy. This greasiness attracts dirt and causes hair to fall. Greasiness can also be due to lifestyle. It is important to wash your hair two to three times a week. If you wash your hair very few times a month, your hair can become greasy and oily. Thus adapting regular hair washing and oiling techniques you can meet him with healthy and strong hair. Greasy and oily hair is usually accompanied by dandruff. Dandruff is a condition where the scalp becomes itchy and dead cells from the scalp fall off as flakes on the shoulders.
The symptoms of dandruff include dirty white flakes on the shoulders and hair strands, itchiness, redness, and scaly scalp. One of the common mistakes of dandruff that we make is scratching. Scratching only aggregates the condition further. It causes redness, scaly scalp, and also hair fall. Scratching damages hair follicles thereby increasing hair fall and causes breakage. This makes hair look dry, damaged, and thinner.
When dealing with dandruff and greasiness, you must remember to follow a regular hair routine. Make sure you wash your hair 2 to 3 times a week with warm or cold water. Moisturize your hair using coconut oil at least once a week. Coconut oil has great antibacterial and antifungal properties which can help fight dandruff and moisturize your hair making it soft and shiny. Try different home remedies targeted at fighting dandruff such as using aspirin, neem, yogurt, fenugreek seeds, and apple cider vinegar, etc. Remedies that include these products help fight dandruff actively. Although if you have attempted trying different home remedies and they do not work, then it comes to getting your scalp diagnosed by a specialist. Hair specialists can help you determine the cause of your greasy oily hair and help you fight your hair fall problems. Try using a medicated shampoo; search Ketomac shampoo for hair loss. This shampoo contains ketoconazole which actively fights dandruff. You will see results in a few washes.