Dandruff is a common condition of the scalp where there is shedding of tiny pieces of dry skin flakes. Dandruff may also cause itching of the scalp. If proper care is not taken, it may lead to a very serious problem. To avoid this you do not need to worry about the anti-dandruff shampoo price in India.
Dandruff becomes socially embarrassing when it becomes prominent when you have dark hair or wear dark clothes. One mistaken assumption is that dandruff is caused by poor hygiene which is much farther from the truth. Even if infrequent shampooing results in dandruff, the real causes of the condition remain a mystery.
The most useful way to control and treat dandruff is to use anti-dandruff shampoo and scalp treatments. Ketomac shampoo is rated as the best type of anti-dandruff shampoo in India. The ketonic anti-dandruff shampoo price in India is quite reasonable; the online Ketomac shampoo cost is Rs.198 for a 110 ml bottle.
Here are some tips to get the best out of anti-dandruff shampoo:
- Adhere to the instructions indicated on the shampoo bottle. There are many types of antidandruff shampoos and each consists of various active ingredients to control symptoms. To get the best results, one must always follow the instructions on the shampoo bottle. For instance, some anti-dandruff shampoos specify that you must lather the shampoo into your hair and scalp and leave it aside for 5 minutes after which you can rinse it. Residue must not be left on the scalp.
- If you are Asian or Caucasian, you must shampoo your hair daily and use an anti-dandruff shampoo twice a week. In case one anti-dandruff shampoo does not provide relief, attempt to alternate between the different shampoos with various active ingredients.
- If you are African American, use antidandruff shampoo for shampooing, only once a week. Consult a certified dermatologist to find the best shampoo for your hair type.
- Beware of a shampoo containing coal tar. Tar shampoo can cause discoloration of white, grey or blonde hair. So, if you have light-colored hair, you may wish to avoid such shampoos. Also, tar shampoo can make your scalp more sensitive to sunlight. In case, you are using such dandruff shampoo, it is vital to protect your hair from the sun by donning a hat when outdoors and being in the shade most of the time.
Two of the best and fastest ways to tackle dandruff is to brush hair and use dandruff shampoos. Brush your hair with a firm, steady stroke from the scalp and downwards. This will stir the oil from the scalp where oil and skin cells combine to form dandruff and from hair strands which will become healthy and shiny.
As regards dandruff shampoos, no two shampoos are alike. They have active ingredients like:
- Coal tar preparations (Neutrogena T/ Gel)
- Pyrithione Zinc (Selsun, Head& Shoulders)
- Sulphur& Salicylic acid (Sebulex, Sebex)
- Salicylic acid (Neutrogena T/ Sal)
- Selenium Sulphide (Head and Shoulders, Dandrex)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral A-D, Ketomac)
Of these, Ketomac has been proven as one of the most effective. Also, Ketomac dandruff shampoo price is economical. The Ketomac dandruff treatment shampoo price is just Rs.198 as mentioned above. Ketomac shampoo hair fall is much lesser than that of other dandruff shampoos. Once your dandruff is under control, you can use the dandruff shampoo less frequently. If you’re still scratching and shedding hair after such treatment, you must consult your doctor.