Dandruff is a common condition of the scalp where there is shedding of tiny pieces of dry skin flakes. Dandruff may also cause itching of the scalp. If proper care is not taken, it may lead to a severe problem. To avoid this, you do not need to worry about the anti-dandruff shampoo price in India.
Dandruff becomes socially embarrassing when it becomes prominent when you have dark hair or wear dark clothes. One mistaken assumption is that dandruff is caused by poor hygiene which is much farther from the truth. Even if infrequent shampooing results in dandruff, the real causes of the condition remain a mystery.
The most useful way to control and treat dandruff is to use anti-dandruff shampoo and scalp treatments. Ketomac shampoo is rated as the best type of anti-dandruff shampoo in India. The ketonic anti-dandruff shampoo price in India is quite reasonable; the online Ketomac shampoo cost is Rs.198 for a 110 ml bottle.
What is dandruff, and how to get rid of it?
Dandruff (also referred to as seborrheic dermatitis) is the excess shedding on the scalp, eyebrows, or along the sides of the nose of the top layer of skin. This top skin layer is made up of dead cells that protect the more fragile cells below. It is natural for these to be shed or rubbed off as the body continually produces new cells that simply move up to replace older ones.
Dandruff is mainly an aesthetic problem that is unattractive or humiliating to others. There’s nothing dangerous about it, scientifically. This is not going to escalate to baldness and is not infectious. Dandruff can be followed by itching. Generally, hair follicles (hair shafts roots) don’t become infected.
Dandruff happens as much in men as in women. This continues to increase and eventually decrease in puberty and young adulthood. Many with acne or dry skin often tend to experience more dandruff problems.
In the summer months, dandruff typically improves unless the weather is particularly hot and humid. Natural sunlight exposure and a reduction in stress will help control it. Some of the causes of dandruff are,
- Individuals with seborrheic dermatitis have dry, oily skin and are more likely to get dandruff. Seborrheic dermatitis affects many parts of the skin, including ear backs, breastbone, lips, and nose sides. The skin is dark, greasy, and coated with white or yellow flaky scales.
- Not enough hair washing Combing or washing the hair daily reduces the risk of dandruff, as it aids in natural skin shedding.
- People prone to yeast have a slightly higher risk of dandruff, so the yeast can play a role. Especially during the winter months, dandruff becomes bad and better when the weather is warmer.
- People with dry skin would have a higher risk of getting dandruff. A common cause of itchy, flaking skin is the cold winter air combined with overheated spaces.
- Dandruff that originates from dry skin appears to contain smaller, non-oily flakes. A red, itchy, scaling scalp can cause certain hair care products. Frequent shampoos may cause dandruff, as it can irritate the scalp. Many people claim that not shampooing enough can cause oil accumulation and dead skin cells, which contributes to dandruff, but there is no proof that this is valid.
- Those with psoriasis, eczema, and certain other skin conditions tend more likely to get dandruff than others. Dandruff may be caused by tinea capitis, a fungal infection also known as scalp ringworm.
- The risk may be increased by not eating enough foods containing zinc, B vitamins, and certain forms of fats.
- A link can be formed between stress and several skin problems.
- While it may be permanent, age dandruff is more likely from puberty through the middle-age. This affects men more than women, for hormone-related reasons maybe.
The best treatment to eradicate dandruff is using an anti-dandruff shampoo. Though there are a lot of home remedies, shampoo has proved to be a lot more effective in removing dandruff from hair.
The most acute treatment for dandruff is daily washing with standard anti-dandruff shampoo. Use a regular shampoo to take off the scales as quickly as they shape. Alternatively, the shampoo detergents can induce shedding of tiny, less visible flakes. Some people wrongly assume that dandruff is caused by a dry scalp that improves by infrequently shampooing or applying oily substances to the scalp.
The hair washing method is essential in dandruff treatment. Lather the hair twice and leave the shampoo on the hair on the second lather for five minutes (or as instructed on the shampoo label) before rinsing out to allow the medication time to function correctly.
The amount of shampoos needed to handle dandruff varies from person to person. Others need shampoo twice a week; others require shampooing more frequently, even hourly. Most people neglect the need to wash the scalp as well as the hair. It may be helpful to massage the scalp to facilitate circulation but scrubbing the scalp may be harmful.
Hair loss affects not only your appearance but also your self-esteem. Many people feel inferior and lose their confidence because of hair fall. So, it is necessary to protect and take good care of your hair.
How to choose the best dandruff shampoo?
- Seek out the best ingredients. The main components comprising anti-dandruff shampoos are either a fungal or Keratolytic agent. Aside from these antifungal agents, a keratolytic agent such as salicylic acid also helps as it breaks down dry skin clumps.
- Choose a dandruff shampoo that cleans thoroughly. The ability to clean thoroughly is one of the strongest characteristics of this form of a shampoo. Make sure it lathered adequately as this helps strip dirt and dust from your hair. Equally important is that the shampoo rinses well and does not stick to the hair even after it has been rinsed.
- Get a shampoo that fits your type of hair. In the market today, there are a lot of options for that. If your hair is oily, then go for the shampoo of dandruff which is perfect for oily scalp. On the other side, if you have dry hair, opt for the dry hair shampoo, so it leaves your scalp moisturized.
One of the best anti-dandruff shampoos is Ketomac anti-dandruff shampoo which has antifungal agent ketoconazole. The Ketomac shampoo not only eradicates dandruff within a few days of use but also helps in hair fall. Curing dandruff, Ketomac shampoo also promotes the growth of the hair.
One of the significant advantages of this Ketomac shampoo is that it can be used by both men and women. Though the hair, texture, and the scalp are different for both men and women, the Ketomac shampoo is a unisex shampoo and does an excellent job. Also, the Ketomac shampoo Mrp price is affordable by everyone and is the most effective.
Here are some tips to get the best out of anti-dandruff shampoo:
- Adhere to the instructions indicated on the shampoo bottle. There are many types of anti-dandruff shampoos, and each consists of various active ingredients to control symptoms. To get the best results, one must always follow the instructions on the shampoo bottle. For instance, some anti-dandruff shampoos specify that you must lather the shampoo into your hair and scalp and leave it aside for 5 minutes after which you can rinse it. Residue must not be left on the scalp.
- If you are Asian or Caucasian, you must shampoo your hair daily and use an anti-dandruff shampoo twice a week. In case one anti-dandruff shampoo does not provide relief, attempt to alternate between the different shampoos with various active ingredients.
- If you are African American, use anti-dandruff shampoo for shampooing, only once a week. Consult a certified dermatologist to find the best shampoo for your hair type.
- Beware of a shampoo containing coal tar. Tar shampoo can cause discoloration of white, grey, or blonde hair. So, if you have light-colored hair, you may wish to avoid such shampoos. Also, tar shampoo can make your scalp more sensitive to sunlight. In case you are using such dandruff shampoo, it is vital to protect your hair from the sun by donning a hat when outdoors and being in the shade most of the time.
Two of the best and fastest ways to tackle dandruff is to brush hair and use dandruff shampoos. Brush your hair with a firm, steady stroke from the scalp and downwards. This will stir the oil from the scalp where oil and skin cells combine to form dandruff and from hair strands which will become healthy and shiny.
As regards dandruff shampoos, no two shampoos are alike. They have active ingredients like:
- Coal tar preparations (Neutrogena T/ Gel)
- Pyrithione Zinc (Selsun, Head & Shoulders)
- Sulphur & Salicylic acid (Sebulex, Sebex)
- Salicylic acid (Neutrogena T/ Sal)
- Selenium Sulphide (Head and Shoulders, Dandrex)
- Ketoconazole (Nizoral A-D, Ketomac)
Of these, Ketomac has been proven as one of the most effective. Also, Ketomac dandruff shampoo price is economical. The Ketomac dandruff treatment shampoo price is just Rs.198, as mentioned above. Ketomac shampoo hair fall is much lesser than that of other dandruff shampoos. Once your dandruff is under control, you can use the dandruff shampoo less frequently. If you’re still scratching and shedding hair after such treatment, you must consult your doctor.
The Ketomac shampoo is readily available. Delivery of Ketomac shampoo online is also easily accessible. All you have to do is, go to the website and choose the product and pay for it. It will be easily delivered to the desired location.