The winter season is almost here, and your hair must already be experiencing the side effects of it. Winter season is the time when our hair needs the maximum attention and care. You can’t let your hair look unkempt just because of the change in the weather. The cold weather outside shouldn’t affect the way your hair looks. Messy hair can also make your entire appearance look dull. The cold and dry weather affects the skin as well as causes a lot of hair problems. You need to take special measures to keep your hear look healthy on the outside as well as stay healthy on the inside.
You can easily moisturise your skin in winters, but what can you do for your hair and scalp? Most people generally look for the best shampoo for dandruff and itchy scalp to help nourish and moisturise their hair and scalp. There are a lot of dos and don’ts that you should follow in order to keep your hair nourished and healthy in winter. Given below are a few tips that can help you keep your hair in good condition throughout the season.
1.If you live in a very cold region, you probably have a radiator or room heater in place to keep the inside of your house or room warm. While it can be quite comfortable to stay in a very hot room, you should always maintain a moderate temperature inside your house. Instead of making your room too hot, you should just keep it sufficiently warm. Otherwise, you will get a temperature shock when you step outside your house or when you get back from work. This can irritate your skin and cause hair problems.
2. The same rule applies to hot showers. While it is quite obvious that a nice hot shower feels amazing on a cold winter day, but hot water is neither good for your hair nor for your skin. It actually dehydrates your hair and skin, which has terrible consequences. So, you should not take too hot showers. Rather you should try to keep the water as cold as possible for you to take a shower in.
3. Shampooing your hair regularly is an extremely necessary step to keep your hair and scalp in a healthy condition. But how often should you do it? It was found that if you shampooed your hair at least twice or thrice a week, it would keep your hair from becoming dehydrated or drying out too much. While showering you can use the best scalp shampoos available in India to help nourish your scalp.
4. It is quite obvious that the winter season is a dry season and thus your hair will get quite dry in this season. This will eventually lead to scalp irritation and dandruff. If proper care isn’t taken, it can also cause hair fall. Your hair and scalp need nourishment to stay healthy, so you should remember to provide the oils that it needs on a regular basis. You might lead a very busy lifestyle, but still, you have to take some time out to keep your scalp moisturised. If you can’t keep your hair oiled overnight, then you should at least keep it on for about 20 minutes and then rinse it off with a shampoo and conditioner. You can use olive oil or even coconut oil for this purpose.
5. The conditioner is a must in the winter season. It is necessary for your regular hair care routine, but it is especially needed in the winter season. The dry weather can leave your hair damaged and rough. Using a deep conditioner can help smoothen them up. Regular use of a deep conditioner and a leave-in treatment is highly recommended for people living in the northern areas where the temperature is extremely cold. Pair it with the best dandruff shampoo for oily scalp, and you have a proper system in place to keep your hair healthy.
6. Drying your hair correctly is another thing that you should keep in mind. You need to keep your hair dry before you step outside as the excess moisture can freeze in the cold weather outside and harm your hair. Blow dryers are an excellent tool to dry and style your hair to perfection. But they are also quite damaging as the heat dries out your scalp and hair. Drying your hair naturally is recommended, but if you are in a hurry, you should always remember to use a heat protection serum or spray before blow dry your hair.
7. Air drying your hair is the best way to dry your hair, and it applies to all seasons. The less you make use of tools like flat irons and dryers, the better condition your hair will be at. Having said so, you should remember that going out with wet hair is highly damaging. It causes your hair to freeze and break. So I case you don’t have the time to allow your hair to dry out naturally, you should use the blow dryer in the coolest setting possible. And always put the heat protection spray beforehand.
8. No matter how much care you take of your hair, the ends of the hair eventually do become brittle and dry. So, you should have them trimmed quiet regularly. It doesn’t matter whether you have long hair or short hair, regular trims are necessary. They keep the hair in a good condition and don’t allow the ends to develop into split ends. The use of Ketomac shampoo is also great for reducing the risk of developing split ends and other hair issues in winters.
9. Hats are needed in the winter season not just to keep you warm, but also to protect your hair from the cold winds. You wouldn’t have to spend an enormous amount of time styling your hair, yet the hats can add a different edge to your whole look.
10. The last tip is to eat a healthy and balanced diet to keep your body healthy from within. Also, you should drink a lot of water to keep yourself well hydrated.