There are several benefits of garlic for hair. Garlic is a conventionally used ingredient in the kitchen as it adds a robust flavour distinctly to the dish. Not only this, but it is also known to have medicinal properties that assist heal several diseases. This ingredient is more than just a flavour adding agent and medicine; it is an outstanding hair care element. For all individuals, garlic is the answer when it comes to dealing with hair loss. Hair loss is a symbol of an imbalance or deficiency in the body.
According to a study, the selenium and sulfur found in garlic can aid reinforce the formation of the hair shaft? It not only helps regrow hair but also toughens the existing hair.
Benefits of Garlic for Hair Growth
- Garlic is antimicrobial, and assists kill bacteria and germs that can cause harm to the scalp and prevent hair growth.
- It has a high content of minerals such as zinc, calcium, and sulfur, which are essential for hair growth.
- The selenium content in garlic assists stimulates blood circulation for maximum nourishment.
- It assists in purifying the hair follicles, fortifies them, and stop clogging, curbing hair loss.
- It assists calm aggravated scalp and treats problems such as dandruff.
- Raw garlic is highly enriched with Vitamin C, which is perfect for the health of your hair. It boosts collagen production, which assists with hair growth.
- Another benefit of garlic is that it helps in fighting dandruff. Allicin, produced from chopped garlic, is the magical compound here. Due to its antifungal properties, allicin can destroy fungi which are known to cause white flakes. But it is essential to consult with a doctor before applying garlic to get rid of dandruff.
- As per a study, garlic safeguarded keratinocytes from ultraviolet damage and showed a guarantee as an anti-ageing material. Keratinocytes generate keratin, which is skin cells. These cells are on the external layer of your skin, including the skin on your scalp and in your hair follicles.
Thus, there are several garlic benefits for hair.
Tips to Use Garlic for Hair Growth
- Heat coconut oil with garlic paste till the oil turns a bit brown. Now, allow the oil to cool off. Strain it, and remove the pulp. Store the oil in a jar and make use of it as garlic-infused hair oil. This is one way of using garlic for hair.
- Garlic can also be mixed with jojoba oil, coconut oil, and olive oil and applied to the scalp. This helps in eliminating the dead skin of the scalp and even unclogs the hair follicles.
- Take garlic and a small amount of ginger and place them in a blender to get a smooth paste. Heat coconut oil and add the ginger-garlic paste. When the oil turns brown, turn off the heat and let the oil cool down. Massage your scalp and hair with the oil. After a couple of hours, rinse off. This treatment will keep your hair extra soft.
- Take garlic and HoneyHoney and blend them. Apply to the roots. Massage the scalp. Wait for around 45 minutes before washing off with a mild shampoo. When used along with garlic, HoneyHoney helps moisturise the hairs and keep the moisture locked in your hair.
- Extract garlic juice and mix it with one tbsp. Of HoneyHoney, two tbsps. Of olive oil and one egg yolk. Apply this mix on your scalp and hair and wait for an hour. Rinse off with a mild shampoo. In addition to garlic, the egg yolk will ensure that your hair stays extra soft and nourished.
- Make a smooth paste of garlic. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to it and use this with your shampoo to wash your hair. This will give you super smooth, shiny hair.
- Would you please take a few garlic cloves and extract juice from them? Add curd, HoneyHoney, and castor oil to the juice. Blend well. Use this mixture on your hair and scalp. Leave it for about half an hour. Wash off with a gentle shampoo. Here curd will fight dryness; the castor oil and honey combination can restrain dandruff.
- Take a few garlic cloves and extract the juice. Add HoneyHoney and lemon to the juice. Apply the mask on your scalp and wait for 45 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo. The antifungal and antibacterial properties of HoneyHoney will keep the dandruff-causing microbes away; the citric acid in lemon assists restore the average pH balance of the scalp, which in turn assists in restraining an overgrowth of those annoying white flakes. In addition, the caustic consequence of lemon juice poises out the scalp’s sebum level, stopping it from becoming prickly, extremely greasy, or dry and thus reducing dandruff.
- Boil 3 cloves of garlic, one small onion, 2 cups of water, and one cinnamon stick for fifteen minutes. Cool the solution and then strain the liquid. Apply this liquid to your hair and allow it to be there for around fifteen minutes. Now, rinse the hair with incredible, lukewarm water thoroughly.
These are some of the simple ways of using garlic on your hair. You can choose any of these tips to prevent hair loss and get that beautiful, shiny, long, and black hair.
You might feel some gentle irritation when you first use garlic on your scalp, but if you experience any critical problem or irritation, you should stop its use. Also, keep in mind that you should not use essential garlic oil straight on your scalp.
Thus, it can be concluded that garlic is one of the most popularly found ingredients in an Indian kitchen. It is also a part of approximately every Indian dish, which improves the taste of the food and adds a lot of dietary value to the food. Garlic can be used to control hair fall efficiently. It has specific properties that can assist you in fighting hair fall.