While most experts talk about hair care routines and tips, there is hardly any information about scalp care. Even when you visit saloons, anyone rarely talks about the scalp condition and its significance in getting good hair. Mostly, no one takes the scalp seriously, and it remains ignored more often than not.
Sometimes, the hair follicles get clogged with sebum, and some of them die, so there is no hair growth from them. That pretty much explains the reason for thinning hair. Then there are sensitive, itchy, and dry scalps, which explains why some people often have the urge to itch. It’s ironic that people take so much care of their face and skin but ignore the skin on their scalp. All these issues can be managed with the help of a good scalp care regimen.
Here’s a look:
- Select a shampoo based on your hair type
The actual purpose of washing your hair is not cleaning your hair but cleansing your scalp. If you have an oily scalp but dry or damaged hair, buying a shampoo will worsen your scalp condition. Instead, you should choose a shampoo that helps in clarifying the scalp and controlling sebum production. You can then apply a conditioner that nourishes your dry locks.
- Get rid of dandruff.
- Dandruff is not suitable for the scalp as it leads to hair fall. It is advisable to get rid of dandruff as soon as possible. You can choose anti-dandruff shampoos such as Ketomac shampoo as it helps combat the issue by keeping your scalp clean and hair strong.
- Hydrate your scalp
- Hydration is essential for skincare, but we ignore it to hydrate our scalp. You don’t need creams and serums but an oil-free mist for hydrating the scalp.
- Exfoliate regularly for removing sebum
- Your scalp is an extension of your facial skin, so just like your facial skin, your scalp needs exfoliation too. Oily scalp and humid weather require you to exfoliate once a week, while a dry scalp can be exfoliated every two weeks.
- Treat the scalp before shampooing.
- Oils and serums are good for managing the hair, but they can also flatten and make your roots oily. Thus, it is recommended to apply these treatments at night or before you shower. You can leave them for 30 minutes before taking a shower.
- Massage is the key to a healthy scalp. Massage helps in improving the blood circulation on your scalp, which helps the nutrients in reaching the follicles and helps healthy hair grow out of them. Before brushing your hair, for 5 minutes, massage your scalp. You can also massage while applying oil or shampooing. But, never use your nails for massaging as you may scratch the scalp and irritate it.
- These scalp care tips will help provide you with the answer to how to care for hair and scalp. And, for shampoo, trust Ketomac as it is the best scalp care shampoo in India for treating your scalp and promoting healthy hair growth.